What a way to start a new year! The first full moon of 2018 is known as the Full Wolf Moon, and is also a potent supermoon. This potent lunation arrives at 9:24PM EST in domestic, emotional Cancer, calling for comfort and sensitivity.
Since the moon is the planetary ruler of emotional Cancer, and the Full Wolf Moon is also a supermoon, this lunation will feel extra powerful. On top of that, there will be two full moons in Cancer this year; the next one is on December 22, 2018. But wait, there’s more: this month is also bookended by not one, but TWO full moons! The next full moon comes sweeping in with a total lunar eclipse in expressive, open-hearted Leo on January 31—but more on that later. For now, you can harness the power of the Full Wolf Moon/supermoon in Cancer with an alchemical full moon ritual.
Ritual: Bathing Beauty
Since heartfelt Cancer is the first of the water signs, this full moon is a fine time for soaking in a sense of home—while washing away anything that leaves you feeling insecure or imbalanced. Draw a bath and fill it with Epsom salts (to clear your energetic field), a few drops of your favorite essential oil and flower petals. Light candles and keep your fluffiest towel handy. Soak in the tub while listening to soft music for at least 10 minutes.
Then—in or out of the tub—journal answers to the following questions:
- Where do I feel most at home in the world?
- What makes me feel most at home and relaxed in my friendships, relationship, and career?
- Where is my life currently out of alignment with this sense of home and security?
- Are there any situations or relationships I might need to release in order to feel more at home?
- How can I change or rearrange my living quarters so that they reflect my 2018 goals and lifestyle?
Use the 2-4 weeks following the full moon to make any adjustments in your life so you can create that sense of comfort and security you desire.
- Keep a food journal for two weeks, tracking when you’re hungry, what you eat and most importantly, what emotions are coming up when you feel hunger. This can be illuminating!
- If you’ve been feeling sluggish, try an elimination diet, removing (or reducing) acidic foods like meat, wheat, dairy and sugar for two weeks—or longer if the detox boosts your vitality!
- Make a contribution to your nest egg—and if all you have is a general savings account, talk to a financial planner who can get you set up with a higher-interest yielding investment account (stocks, mutual funds and bonds). It’s never too soon—or too late—to build financial security, something the Crab absolutely needs.
- According to Japanese researcher Dr. Masaru Emoto, our thoughts and feelings can change the molecular structure of water. What emotions do you want to feel: joy, serenity, humor, passion? Write these words on paper then affix them to your water bottle. Drink in those feels with the new moon!
Learn what 2018 will hold for your sign in The AstroTwins’ 2018 Planetary Planner—on sale now!
Photo Credit: Stocksy