The February 4 new moon breezes in via airy Aquarius (at 1:04 PM EST)–the sign that rules community, technology and our highest humanitarian ideals.
Aquarius is an air sign that’s symbolized by waves, but those are not necessarily meant to indicate water. Energy and sound also travel in waves through the air, which is why this moon’s exercise involves breath work!
Ritual: Long Deep Breathing
This breath work exercise comes from kundalini yoga, a modality that revitalizes and increases life force energy— just like the uplifting sign of Aquarius. Calm, long deep breathing can activate both the Third Eye and Crown chakras associated with Aquarius.
The goal is to do this exercise as slowly as possible—and this may take practice. With less than six breaths per minute, the Third Eye chakra is said to be awakened, while fewer than four breaths per minute will activate the Crown chakra.
- Seat yourself in a comfortable position, maybe on a floor cushion
- Rest the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth
- As slowly as possible, inhale through your nose while keep keeping your mouth open, filling your chest, diaphragm and abdomen with air
- Pause and hold the inhalation for a beat
- Exhale slowly from your nose, emptying out all the air from your body
- Enjoy the high-minded downloads this exercise awakens!
- Change the air quality of your home or office with an air purifier, dehumidifier or an essential oil diffuser
- Aquarius is the sign of community, so try participating in a new group activity (the quirkier or geekier, the better!)
- Join an activist or community service group, or signup for a volunteer shift
- If it’s time for a new computer or to update your system software, spend the day getting your technology up to snuff
- Aquarius rules the calves and ankles, maybe shop for shoes that are stylish but also give great support
Learn what 2019 holds for your sign in The AstroTwins’ 2019 Planetary Planner—on sale now!
Map your year with The AstroTwins’ 2019 Horoscope Guides
Get the complete roadmap to 2019, with the most important dates for love and money, plus the big-picture trends that will guide you through the year! Plan it by the planets and never miss an important moment again. Order Yours Now >
Photo Credit: Stocksy