This zodiac-inspired Cancer season meditation helps you set intentions.
The Sun is in Cancer, the zodiac’s first water sign. Cancer is also ruled by the emotional, intuitive and nurturing moon. During this solar cycle, we may feel our emotions get mixed up. This guided meditation can help us process our emotions and cozy up with our creature comforts.
Because there is a tendency to get moody during Cancer season, you’ll want to feel more comforted than usual, or perhaps left alone entirely. Like the sign’s symbol, the Crab, you may find yourself clinging—or pinching!—when you feel threatened or vulnerable.
Cancer season is a perfect time to slow down and surround yourself with comforts like a cozy sweater, a favorite book, trusted friends, and whatever gives you joy. Pay attention to how you feel and how you react to your surroundings.
Relax, Relate with this Cancer Season Meditation
Tap into the motherly, feminine energy of this star sign. This Cancer season meditation is about 11 minutes in length and focuses on opening your heart chakra to hone your intuition and make the most of this tender season. To begin:
- Find a quiet, private nook or set up a space that feels sacred to you, indoors or out.
- Optional: rub a calming essential oil onto your temples or palms, light a scented candle or plug in an aromatherapy diffuser.
- You may want to keep a journal closeby to record any inspirations that arise during your meditation.
- Then, simply press play, and enter the “Zen Den” with Terri.
- Allow her soothing voice and words of wisdom to ground you in stillness.
- (Later: feel regrouped and renewed and ready to take care of you!)
Photo credit: Lauren Lee via Stocksy
Meet Terri Cole, Astrostyle’s Meditation Expert
Terri Cole is a licensed psychotherapist, transformation coach, author, speaker and meditation teacher. For almost two decades, Terri has empowered celebrities, professional athletes, and individuals alike through television, radio, her popular TEDx talk (What if FEAR was just a Feeling?), workshops, and a thriving private practice to redesign limiting mental blueprints to create extraordinary lives. Terri’s strategies combine practical psychology, Eastern mindfulness practices, and harnessing the power of intention to create sustainable change. Her wicked “tell it like it is” sense of humor and razor-sharp insight combined with deep empathy and understanding gives her a unique ability to reach people and inspire transformation.