The Cancer full moon is a watery lunar event can arouse powerful emotions, helping us feel and heal our way into a new year.
As you set off on a fresh path, you can wash away anything that is making you feeling insecure or imbalanced.
Cancer Full Moon Ritual Idea: Bathing Beauty
Draw a bath and fill it with salts (Epsom or sea salt) to clear your energetic field. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil and flower petals. Light candles and keep your fluffiest towel handy. Soak in the tub while listening to soft music for at least 10 minutes. Then—in or out of the tub— journal answers to the following questions for your Cancer full moon ritual:
- Where have I felt most at home over the last six months?
- What made me feel most at home and relaxed in my friendships, relationship, and career?
- Which friendships and bonds do I want to cultivate more in the coming year?
- Are there any situations or relationships I might need to release in order to feel more at home?
- Is there anything in my home or personal space that doesn’t match the role I’m stepping into this year?
- Are there any emotions I still need to express to feel closure from last year?
Use the 2-4 weeks following the full moon to make any adjustments in your life so you can create that sense of comfort and security you desire.
Other Ritual Ideas:
Get vulnerable: write the people you appreciate most a sentimental letter telling them how you feel about them for a Cancer full moon ritual idea.
Honor bonds: Whether it’s your chosen family or your blood relatives, find a way to visually extol the people who nurture you the most. Frame photos, make a scrapbook, put together an online album of favorite memories from the year.
Make a contribution—to yourself. Cancer rules security, and that includes financial stability. Put a lump sum in savings, an IRA or an investment that will grow. If you’re in the position, make a tax-deductible gift or start a college fund for a young relative—even if you just begin with a small deposit.
Photo Credit: Dollar Gill via Unsplash