In our monthly Crystal Horoscope column, spiritually savvy Gemini Chartreuse ChiChi Tembo—who is the founder and headMIZtress of The Venus Academy —selects the most powerful stones for the solar season. She teaches us how to use crystals in meditation to stay aligned with the energy of both the heavens and the Earth.
Peridot and moss agate are two crystals for Virgo season. Working with Virgo season crystals can soothe anxiety and connect us to the nurturing energy of the Earth.
What Your Virgo Season Crystals Represent
Peridot: Known to calm nerves and tension, strengthen the digestive tract, and assist with childbirth contractions
Moss agate: Good for mental stimulation and clarity, to boost self-esteem and reduce judgement
Peridot and moss agate are good for those with prominent Virgo placements in their natal charts and for anyone who wants to tap into Virgo energy.
Virgo season is about completion and transition, and this sign represents a ceaseless drive to accomplish and perfect. It’s all in the details, now, as are dedication and determination.
About Your Virgo Season Crystal Horoscope Gemstone: Peridot
Peridot is a rhombic crystal that forms deep within the earth and rises to the surface in the magma during volcanic eruptions, transforming through fire. It is the classic birthstone for Virgo. Its appearance is rich green and may have golden undertones. Depending on the amount of iron present, it may appear olive (“olivine”) or yellow (“chrysolite”).
Virgo is associated with the nervous system, intestines, and spleen. The earthy, healing energy of peridot is an appropriate tool to counter feelings of anxiety and tension, especially in the gut. The crystal works well with strengthening the digestive tract, calming nerves and balancing the glandular system. Peridot is also said to be helpful during childbirth, making contractions more productive.
Peridot is also a good stress-reducer. It can help to alleviate anger, jealousy and release our grip on unhealthy patterns.
Peridot’s Metaphysical Properties
By opening the heart chakra, peridot assists in the release of the debilitating aspects of perfectionism (“I’m not good enough”) and other growth-blocking habits. The rich, vibrant green hues of peridot resonate directly with the heart center to bring clarity, growth, and openness, which are qualities of Virgo’s energy.
Receptive peridot helps one to connect to mother earth and the nurturing essence of Gaia and deities such as Isis and Lakshmi. It is also a stone of friendship and connection, bringing agreeableness and prosperity instead of contentiousness and judgment. Peridot helps Virgo to let go of unreasonably high standards so we can set reasonable goals.
Peridot also helps attract good fortune, abundance, and prosperity, as well as being a protective stone for the aura. The cleansing nature of peridot helps to release old baggage and support the razor-sharp perception of this Mercury-ruled energy.
About Your Virgo Season Crystal Horoscope Gemstone: Moss agate
Moss agate is a trigonal crystal and part of the quartz family of chalcedony. It enhances one’s love for nature due to its plant-like signature, and as all agates do, it encourages clear communication and mental clarity from spiritual blockages.
The family of agate crystals is all relevant to messenger Mercury, as agates are particularly beneficial for mental stimulation and clarity. With Virgo being the earthly manifestation of Mercury, moss agate is a wonderful tool for the energy of this sign.
Moss agate is a complex green stone with many variations in appearance. Mostly, it looks like the fossilized essence of a grassy, mossy garden or forest. It can feature many combinations of deep green, yellow, brown, and even blue, formed together in mystical bands, “eyes,” swirls, and layers. It is a gentle crystal which grounds the user down to earth and brings a softening and nurturing presence.
Moss agate’s Metaphysical Properties
Earth-based moss agate brings the gifts of being in touch with our feelings so we can speak from the heart, and not just the mind.
Low-self esteem often manifests in criticism of others, which is a projection that causes internal emotional stress. Moss agate helps us to be more aware of our gifts, which assists in reducing the judgment of ourselves and others.
Moss agate also creates synergy amid the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual states. It boosts awareness of positive qualities and is beneficial in working toward new goals, particularly those related to health.
Moss agate also brings protection from danger and a calm influence, helping Virgo energy to cool down and even enhance the dream state.
Meditation, Intentions, and Affirmations with Virgo Season Crystals
Meditating with crystals during Virgo season can help us alleviate nervousness during an anxious solar cycle.
Meditation and Ritual for Your Virgo Season Crystal Horoscope
Meditation Intention: I am a gift to this world as I work to self-improve.
- I trust my inner guidance.
- I am a messenger of truth.
- I transform through the fire.
- I serve others to heal myself.
- I am impeccable with my word.
- I embody the highest integrity.
Ritual: Virgo Season Grounding Meditation
For earthy Virgo, I suggest an outdoor setting for this meditation. You can work with both stones simultaneously, or one.
- Find a quiet, grassy place where you can put your bare feet directly on the earth.
- Touch the moss agate and/or peridot to the ground to cleanse the stones and attune them to the earth. You can sit upright and hold both crystals in your lap, or lie down and place the moss agate at your heart chakra while holding the peridot in your left hand.
- With closed eyes, breathe deeply to get centered and grounded in your meditation.
- Picture a cord connecting the moss agate crystal deep into the center of the earth. Picture the peridot as a glowing source of bright green light.
- As you breathe slowly and deeply, visualize a bright surge of protective light rising from deep within the earth, flowing to the crystals, and expanding to surround your entire body.
- Feel the comforting energy of the nurturing mother goddess dissolving all your tensions and fears, releasing everything that is not a representation of your highest self-expression.
- Hold a vision of your deepest desires and how you can best be of service to the world. Your higher self already knows your life’s purpose, tune in!
- Picture the ideal manifestation of your wildest dreams, and sit in the energy of knowing that it is yours to create.
- Breathe deeply for at least nine minutes as you sit in the feeling of recognition that everything you can visualize for yourself is already here and at hand.
- To conclude your meditation, bring your peridot to the heart center and hold it there for a few moments. Touch your moss agate to the earth once again so that a bit of soil from the ground adheres to the gemstone.
Place the moss agate where you will see it often, such as an altar, a fireplace mantle, or even your desk. If you can, wear the peridot as a piece of jewelry or in a pocket and keep it close to you for as long as you intuitively desire.
As you move through the complexity of your inner critic during Virgo season, try to remember that compassion toward yourself is just as important as compassion toward others. Remember the presence of your spiritual self, and know that you can always trust in the universe.
Crystals and Astrology “101”
Discover more about the way crystals form, how to cleanse and program your stones. Read meditation tips and find out how these natural wonders correspond with astrology. All this in our Crystals and Astrology 101 section!
This information should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health condition or disease and is not intended as a substitute for consulting with your physician or healthcare provider.
mizChartreuse, the headMIZtress of The Venus Academy, is a Zambian-American womb wellness astrologer, writer, and metaphysicist in the business of #DecodingTheAll. She is the author of The Yoni Egg Shadow Integration Workbook: Your 28-day Astrological Guide through the Womb Wellness Journey. From print to the web, mizChartreuse’s work has appeared at Tarot.com, AOL, Yahoo, HuffPo, AstroStyle, Numerologist, Sharpe Astrology and more.
Facebook: Chartreuse ChiChi Tembo