Can you live in the moment and capture its magic? Yes! The Sagittarius new moon on Tuesday, November 26 (at 10:05 a.m. EST) can help you do that. These ritual ideas can help you preserve it.
These Sagittarius new moon ritual ideas are designed to help you save your best moments of 2019. Visionary Sagittarius is the sign of possibilities, always thinking about what’s next. Still, this philosophical sign loves to reminisce about the good times and extract wisdom from life experiences. So, how can you live in the now and savor it?
Make a Time Capsule for Your Sagittarius New Moon Ritual
For this ritual, you’ll preserve your best moments of 2019 in a time capsule. In doing so, you’ll be able to look back on and revel in the memories, which are sure to inspire you all over again.
Decide when you want to open your time capsule: is it one year from now? Five? Ten? Then, choose an appropriate container, like a shoebox (for short-term capsules) or a stainless steel box (like ones for cash collection) for longer-term capsules. (Tip: we’ve seen steel boxes at thrift stores, so no need to make this an expensive activity by purchasing new).
Gather materials to put into your time capsule, such as:
- A current newspaper, magazine, or a print-out of a story from today that you read online
- A list of popular words and expressions you’ve used this year (VSCO Girl, anyone?)
- Photos of friends and important people in your life, vacation photos, selfies
- A takeout menu, receipt or napkin (unused!) or matchbook from your favorite restaurant or cafe
- Mementos from important moments (cake toppers) or gifts from your travels (mala beads from your yoga retreat)
- Postcards or ads for things you like or purchased, pages from fashion magazines that capture this year’s style
- A letter or memo to yourself: What would you like to tell your future self?
- Wish lists. For example, make a list of the places you’d like to travel to before you open your time capsule. As manifestation mavens, we love this one!
Once you’ve filled your capsule, seal it and place it somewhere out of sight and reach, like a high shelf in a closet. Set a calendar reminder for the date you’d like to open up your time capsule. It should be a fascinating, future experience!
Other Ritual ideas:
- Pinpoint your next trip and price tickets, research and plan hotel stays and an explorer’s itinerary.
- Take a long drive (out of town?) to enjoy nature’s beauty
- Shop holiday craft markets to purchase gifts from independent makers (Sag rules entrepreneurship!)
- Feel your fire: take a hot yoga class, sit in a detoxifying sauna, or draw a bath with healing mustard salts, popularized recently by celebrities like Busy Philipps, Gwyneth Paltrow and Alison Brie.