Spiritually savvy Gemini Chartreuse Tembo Barriere—who is the founder and headMIZtress of The Venus Academy —selects the most powerful stones for the solar season. She teaches us how to use crystals in meditation to stay aligned with the energy of both the heavens and the Earth.
Rose quartz and ametrine are the two gemstones chosen for your Libra season crystals horoscope. Working with Libra season crystals helps you navigate your relationships with yourself and others.
What Your Libra Season Crystals Represent
Rose quartz: Beneficial to all matters of the heart, helpful for fertility and relieving many body aches
Ametrine: Good for promoting stability, brain function and body detoxification
About Your Libra Season Crystal: Rose Quartz
The quintessential love stone, rose quartz is a perfect crystal for all matters of the heart. As Libra is ruled by Venus, rose quartz resonates tremendously with this sign.
Libra also is associated with the kidneys and the lumbar/lower back region of the body. Rose quartz is beneficial for kidney function, as well as many other parts of the body including the liver, lungs, and spleen. It is also said to aid in reducing sinus problems, earaches, and throat issues.
Rose quartz is emotionally beneficial for the energetic heart center, but also good for the physical heart and blood circulation. It can also boost metabolism, stimulate adrenal function, help curb addictions and lift depression.
Rose quartz is also the perfect fertility stone, aiding in genital function and providing calm and balance during pregnancy and childbirth. Rose quartz is the perfect beginner’s crystal yoni egg.
As if this wasn’t enough, rose quartz can also assist with reducing headaches and migraines. Meditation with rose quartz supports higher brain function.
Rose Quartz’s Metaphysical Properties
Libra loves to love, and its seventh house association speaks to the desire for loving partnership, marriage and even long-term commitments that aren’t of a romantic nature, such as business connections. The prerequisite for effective partnerships of any kind is true working knowledge and cultivation of self-love, and rose quartz is the universal tool for that.
Rose quartz bestows a sense of firm gentleness, where we can trust and enforce our boundaries while still being open to healthy and loving connections. It enhances empath, opening our hearts to love, and alleviates anxiety. It can help assist us in dissolving old wounds, like those from childhood, including abuse, neglect, abandonment, conditional love, family dysfunction.
One caution for working with the stone of love: the path to that wholeness with rose quartz starts with calling us to sit with uncomfortable feelings that may come up.
About Your Libra Season Crystal: Ametrine
Joy rising! Ametrine is a triumphant stone with clear demarcations between its violet amethyst areas and yellow citrine areas due to differences in the iron oxidation process.
Libra energy can be prone to indecisiveness because of its airy ability to see multiple perspectives. Ametrine is a fantastic stone for all things Libra due to its inherent stable nature, based on the way it is formed.
Ametrine is good for the nerves, which helps stabilize Libra’s mental energy. The special gem is said to also be good for the brain function, as well as providing oxygenating and detoxifying benefits to the body.
Libra season encourages us to strive for balance, and for those moments when we feel unsteady, a meditation session with ametrine brings physical and energetic equilibrium between body and higher self.
Ametrine’s Metaphysical Properties
Ametrine combines the clear consciousness of amethyst and the dynamic radiance of citrine to provide a single crystal of direct action, as cardinal Libra energy desires. It can help to nip the self-sacrifice in the bud before it backfires; this crystal aids in reconciling opposition and resolving inner contradictions.
Ametrine’s harmonious nature helps to activate creativity and raise energetic levels. If you’ve felt on the brink of burnout, ametrine helps you remain solid and present, even in moments of great stress or conflict. It encourages optimism, brings good synchronistic fortune, and is a beautiful embodiment of the joy of life.
In truth, unhappiness has little to do with anyone else but pertains more to whether your self is in alignment. Wearing ametrine consistently on the body or using it regularly in meditation is great for remembering who you are.
Meditation, Intentions, and Affirmations with Libra Season Crystals
Meditating with crystals during Libra season can help us attune to our true sense of self-worth.
Meditation and Ritual for Your Libra Season Crystal Horoscope
Meditation Intention: I am a beautiful, balanced, worthy soul.
- I empathize with others.
- I transmute my pain into wisdom.
- I respect my boundaries and feelings.
- I see relationships as divine assignments.
- I give only from an overflowing cup.
- I am worthy of unconditional love.
Ritual: Heart Chakra Journaling Exercise
The best way to cultivate the desire for love is to look inward. All relationships, whether romantic, platonic, familial, or professional, have useful lessons.
Try a daily journaling practice during Libra season and take some time to answer these questions:
- How do you feel about the people in your vicinity? Think about home, work, society. Where might you feel hurt, jealous, bitter, or mistrustful?
- Think of one challenging relationship you struggle to reconcile. How can you realign in a manner empowering to you? (Example: “I cannot fix my toxic mother’s problems, but I can mother my own inner child with the love I need, and nurture others and my own child[ren].”)
- What three things can you do to cultivate and receive love? Start with yourself.
Self-Love Crystal Meditation
For this meditation, lie down in a quiet space with your rose quartz and/or ametrine stones. If you have both, place the rose quartz over your heart chakra and the ametrine on your forehead, over your third eye. If you only have one of the stones, place it on your heart. Then:
- Take seven deep, slow breaths to center yourself into the meditative space.
- Feel the energy of unconditional love flowing from the rose quartz crystal and expanding to surround your entire body.
- Focus on the concept of loving all aspects of yourself—the light, the shadows, the strengths, and weaknesses. If feelings of sadness arise, embrace them, and allow them to be there.
- Take note of all the so-called “negative” feelings or beliefs you may hold about yourself. Notice if there are any parts of you that do not feel worthy or that feel unprotected.
- Envision the two-colored energy of the ametrine crystal clearing your mental space of your limiting beliefs. Visualize the orange and violet light surging into your pineal gland/third eye, and activate your inner knowing of your worthiness.
- Come back to your heart space and focus on the part of you that is solid and centered. Feel how the rose quartz opens your heart.
- In your head or aloud, say the Libra Season intention: “I am a beautiful, balanced, worthy soul.” Imagine yourself saying this directly to the parts of you that do not feel this way.
- Repeat the intention at least three times.
- Envision all your pain and trauma dissolving and being replaced with the warmth of unconditional love for yourself.
- Continue breathing deeply in this state for at least 15 minutes, and repeat this meditation daily.
- Rose quartz and ametrine are stones that can be kept on your person for extended periods of time—you can wear them as jewelry, keep them in your pocket, or place them next to your bed or under your pillow for as long as you desire.
Remember the presence of your spiritual self, and know that you can always trust in the universe.
Crystals and Astrology “101”
Discover more about the way crystals form, how to cleanse and program your stones. Read meditation tips and find out how these natural wonders correspond with astrology. All this in our Crystals and Astrology 101 section!
This information should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health condition or disease and is not intended as a substitute for consulting with your physician or healthcare provider.