Tap into your solar power and spark up your summer! In this guided ritual, learn how to create specific intentions for the Summer Solstice. Plus: Step-by-step instructions for a DIY Solstice flower ring and making those wishes!
On June 21, 2019, at 11:54 am ET, the Sun will reach its highest point in the northern hemisphere sky. This marks the official Summer Solstice for those of use above the equator, a time to bring illumination to parts of our lives that are hidden, confusing or stuck.
While it’s ideal to do this ritual at the time of the Solstice, we also believe that the power of intention is everything. So if you’re reading this within a day or so of the Solstice, we recommend doing it anyway!
Below are the instructions and supply list for your Solstice flower wheel and ritual (which you’ll also hear in the video).
Supplies for Your Ritual:
- Flowers (8 minimum) or at least 10 petals from a single flower. Alternatively, you may also use leaves, herbs, or another “green” that has been soaking up the Sun all spring.
- 4 small crystals or stones
- Votive or pillar candle (1 or more)
- Find a flat surface for your Solstice Wheel. It can be the floor, a tabletop, a tray, etc.
- Place your candle(s) in the center of this surface as a symbol of the illumination that the Sun rays bring
- Using flowers, petals, leaves—or anything else that has bloomed in the Sun—make a ring around the candle(s). Leave a couple inches or more of space between the candles and the ring, as you’ll be placing a couple things there.
- The heat and energy of the Sun can be intense, so it’s a good idea to add some earthy, grounding elements like crystals or stones. You can place them in between the flowers. Or, you might set them at the north, south, east and west points to represent the 4 directions.
The AstroTwins’ Summer Solstice Ritual:
1. First, let’s INVITE IN THE SUN.
Light the candle in the middle of your Solstice Wheel. As you do, you can recite these words (or have someone who is participating in the ritual with you do so:
“With this flame, I invite in the energy of life-giving light of the Sun. On this longest day of light, I ask the Sun to illuminate new possibilities for my life and for my loved ones. I ask the Sun to show me what is next along my path.”
2. Think about the brightest area of your life right now.
Sometimes, when we do rituals, we focus on what is missing or what we want to manifest. But it’s just as important to put attention on the things that are already working and to bring gratitude there. Gratitude is fuel for the manifestation tanks. The more of it you can feel, the more magnetic you become.
So, what is that bright spot for you? Maybe it’s something major, like “I just got engaged and I’m totally in love.” Or maybe it’s something small like, “I love my the vibe in my office right now” or “I’m feeling really good about my summer yoga practice.” Or, “My kids are the light of my life.”
Whatever it is, let’s take a minute, close your eyes and revel in that bright feeling.
3. Now, think an area of your life that could really use some of that bright illumination.
This should be something that you want to deal with over the summer, something that you are so ready to change. Got it? Okay. This is going to be your summer solstice wish, and in a minute we are going to write that down. But first…
Close your eyes and visualize this situation or the area of life in need of illumination. While you don’t have to figure out the “how,” let’s do a little imagining. If everything was working with this situation, what would your life be like? What would you be doing with your days? Who would be with you? What types of people would you be spending time with? What would you be wearing?
4. Write this as a summer solstice wish.
A few examples:
“I wish to create pleasure and romance in my relationship this summer.”
“I wish to find the perfect apartment to live in for the next two years.”
“I wish to be guided to the next phase of my career.”
“I wish to be creatively unblocked so I can write the next chapter of my novel.”
Write your wish onto a piece of paper. Fold it up and place it inside the Solstice Wheel.
5. Take one of the flowers from your circle and remove a petal.
Read your wish aloud (or close your eyes and say it to yourself in your head), then blow the wish into the petal. Place the petal inside the ring of your Solstice Wheel, on top of your paper.
6. After the Solstice (within 48 hours), take the wish petal out into nature.
Find a favorite spot, like an area in a park, your own yard (if you have one) or a shore you love walking along. Thank the Sun for energizing your wishes, then let the petals fly into the wind. As you release them, have faith that the universe carry them off and deliver your message to the right source!
Your Solstice wish activation is now in the best hands—the universe’s hands. And so it shall be.
Last call for Astropreneurs Summer Camp — registration closes 11:59PST on June 23!
Our astrology course for entrepreneurs is underway! Due to popular demand, we’ve extended registration through the weekend—then the doors close permanently. Join us for an amazing 7-week career accelerator, and learn to use astrology as a tool to launch, scale or design a business you love. Last chance – REGISTER NOW! >