The full moon blooms in verdant Virgo on March 9 (at 1:47 PM EDT). It’s also a supermoon! Are you ready to give in to some early spring fever with a 2020 Virgo full moon ritual?
As a grounded earth sign, tender Virgo is known for both innocence and purity—much like the tiny shoots of early spring that pop up from the ground: mama Gaia’s reminder that life goes on. Channel the cleansing energy of the zodiac’s purist with this earth-conscious 2020 virgo full moon ritual.
Ritual: Plant-Based Diet for a Day (or longer, if you feel like it)
The 2020 Virgo full moon gives us the opportunity to connect to the true source of our sustenance: the plants that emit oxygen through photosynthesis and give us air to breathe. Plants also give our bodies life force energy and vitamins when ingested.
In celebration of what helps us thrive, devote the day to a vegetarian, plant-based diet. Give thanks to all the greens that grow and nourish us and even become our medicine.
Caring Virgo is also the sign that rules our pets. Take the day to give some love to the animals on the planet, by keeping them in your heart and not on your plate. We’re not condemning carnivores; we’re not vegetarians ourselves.
Take the day off from burgers and salmon and give gratitude to the animals that shared their lives to nourish us. Build some delicious plant-based recipes into your meal plan. There are tons of recipe ideas to be found online. Or try a juice cleanse or a soup cleanse, or incorporating a fruit-and-veggie-packed smoothie into your day.
Other ideas for 2020 Virgo full moon rituals:
- Make a flower essence elixir. Put six drops of a flower essence (like the Bach line, which can be found at many natural foods grocers or bachflower.com) into an 8-oz glass of water, three times daily. Repeat this for up to two weeks and see if an area of life transforms. Choose an essence like Rock Rose to overcome fear or Holly to help with jealousy.
- Book a massage or an appointment with a practitioner.
- Spring clean your home. Start with the one room that needs the most TLC.
- Delete junk mail from your Inbox and organize messages into folders (is this your opportunity to try getting to “Inbox zero?”)
- Nerd out and organize your bookshelves or record collection. Alphabetize or color code by spine. Donate older books to a Little Free Library or build your own!
Photo Credit: Studio Firma via Stocksy