In its highest expression, regal Leo is the power of abundance and loves to share its gifts. Here’s your chance to open up your treasure chest and spread some generosity with our Leo Full Moon ritual.
Leo is the fire sign that rules abundance. In our consumer culture, it’s easy to keep on craving more, more, more. While there’s nothing wrong with collecting beautiful treasures, it’s easy to be so focused on amassing that we forget to acknowledge our trove. Our Leo full moon ritual helps you feel good about letting go of stuff!
Leo Full Moon Ritual Idea: Noble Gifting
During a Leo full moon, sift through your closet, jewelry collection, cupboard and storage spaces. Pull out objects that you just aren’t (and probably won’t be) using and place them in a pile. Then separate out the really nice pieces like say, that designer dress you bought last year that still has the tags on it: Is there anyone in your life who could benefit from these items? Rather than hoarding for the rainy day that will never come, consider gifting them to a loved one—or even donating to a charity auction if they hold great value.
Letting go sends a powerful message to the universe, one that might even be your mantra for a Leo full moon ritual. For example:
- I have faith that I can attract abundance in the ways that are right for me
- Is there someone in your life who has been a champion for you lately?
Giving doesn’t need to break bank
After you’ve finished purging, think about balancing your karmic books, too. Is there someone in your life who has truly supported you, or been your champion? If your budget allows, go ahead and buy them a small token that demonstrates your gratitude and appreciation. What you get needn’t be expensive, either. It’s truly the thought that counts.
This doesn’t have to break the bank; give what you can and make sure it’s something that they will appreciate, even if it isn’t necessarily your taste.
The treasure trove you open up could simply be your heart. How could you be more emotionally generous with the people in your world? This doesn’t have to drain your heart any more than your wallet!
Validate their feelings instead of offering advice and coaching when they come to you feeling hurt. Go out of your way to notice and verbally acknowledge their progress or talents. One genuine compliment could change someone’s world.
Other ideas for a Leo Full Moon Ritual
- What proper Lion/Lioness doesn’t tend to their mane? Book an appointment with a trendy stylist and give your tresses a complete makeover. A wild up-do or color job could be in store.
- Set up a photo shoot or snap selfies and post to your social media accounts. Leo energy loves to show off on the virtual catwalk—and a Leo full moon could bring that winning profile pic. Consider a professional photo shoot. How about a new headshot for your LinkedIn?
- Leo is the sign of romance. This bold full moon buoys your courage. Go ahead and put yourself out there. Surprise a special someone with a dinner invite over and plan a surprise or two for the evening.
- Romance yourself with a bouquet of flowers or something new for your wardrobe that makes you feel like your fiercest self
- Focus on your back or heart area, both of which are ruled by Leo
- Give back to number one. Gift yourself with a romantic bouquet of flowers, or a piece of signature jewelry.
Photo credit by Daniel Vevsky via Stocksy