Spring fever arrives with the luminous Libra full moon. Turn on your love light with these ritual ideas, and set it to high beam.
Harness the potency of partnership-driven Libra with these Libra full moon ritual ideas to attract love and intimacy. The 2021 Libra full moon is on Sunday, March 28.
Libra Full Moon Ritual: Aphrodite Altar
Energy flows where your attention goes, which is why visual reminders are always such an important cue in the manifestation game. With lovestruck Libra (an air sign), as the pilot light of this lunation, why not make an altar to Aphrodite, the goddess of amour?
To create your altar, start with a base. You can use a beautiful cloth or scarf. We recommend a tray so you can move it to different areas of your home.
Gather objects that are symbolic of love and romance: candles, angel cards, crystals, jewelry and trinkets that stir the heart. Print artwork of Aphrodite or couples that inspire you; you can also place snapshots of you and your beloved on the altar. If you’re single, choose anything that evokes the feeling you hope to have when you’re in love. Objects from nature like leaves, pine cones or fruit can also be symbolic of bringing vitality to this area of your life.
During the Libra full moon, we love to burn candles on the altar. If you are releasing any pain from a breakup or a recent lover’s spat, use a black candle which will absorb that energy and transmute it. Then, after the black candle has melted down, burn a white one to invite new energy.
It can be helpful to write down on paper anything that you’re releasing and place it under the black candle—or even (carefully!) burn the list with the black candle’s flame. Simultaneously, write a wish list for your love life and place it under the white candle while it’s burning, then slip it under a crystal or another symbolic object on the altar.
Meditate daily at your altar. Even a minute sitting with your sacred objects can do wonders to help you manifest your quixotic dreams.
- Write two love letters: One to yourself and one to the object of your affections. If you’re single, write this note to your future soulmate. This can be a powerful tool for attracting the love of your life.
- Have a candlelight dinner with your amour or your best friend.
- Go on a museum date or pick up a pair of tickets for a cultural event like a concert, film screening or theater performance.
- Treat yourself to a signature piece of jewelry that you can wear every day, like a charm necklace with a meaningful symbol or a pair of stud earrings.
- Put “pairs” of objects in your home to invite the energy of two.
Photo Credit: Sergey Narevskih via Stocksy